Tribe rolls their way to World Series

BY CHRISTIAN SZALAY AND MICHAEL CALLOW

sports-bba-redsox-indians-1-ak
Lindor and Davis celebrate the victory. Photo courtesy of MCT Campus.

Following the Cavaliers historic championship run, the city of Cleveland has once again become Tribe Town as the Indians dominated both the Red Sox and the Blue Jays.

Coming into this MLB post-season, many were counting out the injury-riddled Cleveland Indians. However, they have proved the doubters wrong thus far, and have punched their ticket to the World Series.

In the ALDS, the Indians completely shut down a red-hot Boston Red Sox team, who many thought would win the American League pennant.

Many feared that the Indians would have a tough time stopping David Ortiz and the Boston Red Sox without starting pitchers Carlos Carrasco and Danny Salazar. However, the starters did their jobs, and the bullpen was fantastic for the Tribe.

“The easiest thing to notice in the Indians’ sweep of the Boston Red Sox was their run prevention. Their great pitching and defense limited the high-powered Red Sox offense to just seven runs,” said Bleacher Report’s lead MLB writer Zach Rymer.

Corey Kluber, Trevor Bauer and Josh Tomlin all pitched fantastic in their starts against Boston, as they only allowed only 13 hits and struck out 17 batters.

In addition to the starters, the bullpen completely shut down the Boston hitters. Mid-season acquisition Andrew Miller was incredible as he struck out seven batters and only allowed two hits in four innings of work.

“Andrew Miller is going to be a great reliever for the Cleveland Indians,” said Tribe super fan Mr. Schrock.

Although they dominated a talented Boston team, the Tribe still had many doubters heading into an ALCS match up against the Toronto Blue Jays.

The Blue Jays were coming off of a series win against the Texas Rangers, another team that many predicted would go to the World Series.

The Blue Jays’ lineup had some of the best power hitters in the league. With Josh Donaldson, Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion and Troy Tulowitzki in the middle of their order, many predicted that the Indians starting pitchers would struggle mightily.

However, Kluber quickly quieted the doubters in game one as he pitched six innings of shutout baseball and struck out six Blue Jays. Josh Tomlin followed up Kluber’s performance by pitching a gem of his own in game two, and the entire Indians bullpen pitched in to get the Tribe a win in game three. After a disappointing loss in game three, the team rallied behind rookie left-hander Ryan Merritt and sent the Jays home for the holidays.

After proving people wrong all postseason, the Tribe are looking to silence the critics and win their first World Series since 1948.

Tribe rolls their way to World Series