Wadsworth High School's Student Newspaper

Introducing New Bruin Staff Members For 2024-2025 School Year

The new 2024-2025 Bruin staff is preparing for a fresh school year. All 18 new students have taken part in making the May issue, which will be their first, and next year, they will help make eight additional issues. The new team is eager to contribute to Wadsworth High School’s paper and provide their astounding talents to the community.

Izi

Izi Lewis, Bruin Staff Writer

Izi (Isabella) Lewis is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Lewis joined the Bruin to write and reach a larger audience. 

“I’m looking forward to meeting new people in the future,” Lewis said.

Lewis’s favorite memory from writing on the Bruin has been producing the May issue. 

Liz

Liz Allen, Bruin Staff Writer

Liz (Elizabeth) Allen is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Allen’s favorite part about the Bruin is that the staff has each other and many new people she gets to see and work with. 

“I wanted to join the Bruin because I thought it would be fun and I believe that I’m fairly good at writing,” Allen said. 

Allen looks forward to becoming a better writer and making great stories for people to enjoy. 

Rylee

Rylee Ward, Bruin Staff Writer

Rylee Ward is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Ward looks forward to working with many great people while she is on the Bruin. Ward wanted to join the Bruin staff because she was recently diagnosed with high anxiety and meeting new people and talking to them has helped her cope with it.

“My favorite part so far is meeting a lot of amazing people and writers,” Ward said.

Olivia Evans, Bruin Staff Writer

Olivia

Olivia Evans is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Evans’s favorite part of the Bruin has been seeing her friends often, working with them, and being a part of something alongside her peers.

“I actually originally wanted to join the yearbook, and Heff made a joke that you had to apply for Bruin no matter what, I took it literally and ended up making it,” Evans said. “I didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I would, and it is really fun. I like creating.”

Evans looks forward to creating unique and fun pages for people to read in the Bruin. 

Sammi

Sammi Horvat, Bruin Staff Writer

Sammi (Samantha) Horvat is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Horvat is looking forward to the connections she will be able to create as a staff writer and being able to see what she will create. 

“I wanted to join the Bruin for an opportunity to maintain my writing abilities,” Horvat said. “It also provided something to do in the off-season of sports. It gave me the privilege of getting to know a lot of great people in the short time I’ve been a part of the Bruin.”

Horvat’s favorite part so far has been the meetings during Academic Lab. She said it is nice to talk to friends, while also having an opportunity to work on upcoming stories.

Kara Gostkowski, Bruin Staff Writer

Kara

Kara Gostkowski is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Gostkowski has been interested in writing since she was a kid and has wanted to be on the Bruin for a long time. 

“My favorite part so far since being on the Bruin has been developing my stories,” Gostkowski said. “The interviews I had, whether that be someone from school or a record store owner, have made me better as a person and student journalist.”

Gostkowski said she looks forward to becoming a better writer and developing social skills. 

Avneet Singh, Bruin Staff Writer

Avneet

Avneet Singh is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Singh is looking forward to the new people she will interview and the new experiences she will endure on the Bruin. 

“I love writing and I like that I can contribute to something using writing,” Singh said.

Singh has liked seeing the final print for the May Issue and has enjoyed writing in Newspaper I and the Bruin.

Grace Sharp, Bruin Staff Writer

Grace

Grace Sharp is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Sharp originally wanted to join the yearbook, due to her love of art. This changed when in Newspaper/Yearbook 1, students had to make a newspaper with a group. Sharp loved it so much that she decided to change her decision. 

“I love talking to people about certain things and all the Bruin members look[ing] so happy and it is so fun coming together as a group and creating an amazing newspaper at the end of the month,” Sharp said.

Sharp looks forward to getting to know everyone better next year and creating amazing content for the Wadsworth community to read and share. She also looks up to the staff editors and is waiting to become one in the future.

Harper

Harper Rosenberger, Bruin Staff Writer

Harper Rosenberger is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Rosenberger’s favorite part about the Bruin has been being with her friends and finding a community with new people. She also likes writing about things in the community and reaching out to new people.

I wanted to join The Bruin because I have always loved to write,” Rosenberger said. “Journalism is a passion of mine and I enjoy sharing with the world.”

Rosenberger is looking forward to interacting with more people and having a new outlet for creativity. 

Corrine

Corrine Hinkle, Bruin Staff Writer

Corrine Hinkle is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. She decided to join Bruin because of her friend, Olivia Evans.

“I like [the] layout but I don’t like writing stories,” Hinkle said.

She is looking forward to creating works that she will be proud of. 

Henry Chen, Bruin Staff Writer

Henry

Henry Chen is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Chen looks forward to writing more stories and building friendships inside of Bruin.

“My favorite part would be having friends inside the class and being able to work together with them,” Chen said.

Chen wanted to join the Bruin because he had heard it was fun and could be exciting to join. 

Reagan

Reagan Hunt, Bruin Social Media Editor

Reagan Hunt is a junior at Wadsworth High School. Hunt’s favorite part so far has been being able to be a part of a new experience with many people she has never met before. 

“I wanted to join the Bruin because I had really liked my newspaper and yearbook one class and my sister has been on The Bruin and really enjoyed herself,” Hunt said

She is looking forward to growing the Bruin’s social media platforms and building new relationships.

Collin

Collin Ely, Bruin Staff Writer

Collin Ely is a freshman at Wadsworth High School.

“[My favorite part so far has been] hanging out and talking to my friends in the class”, Ely said. 

Ely is looking forward to writing more and being more involved in the Bruin next year.

Emilia Patterson, Bruin Staff Writer

Emilia

Emilia Patterson is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Patterson enjoys taking pictures for the Bruin, even if they are unused.

“I look forward to learning more, and I really hope I can influence others somehow,” Patterson said.

Patterson heard about the Bruin and thought that it was a perfect way to begin writing again and evolve within her writing.

Jack

Jack Blubaugh, Bruin Staff Writer

Jack Blubaugh is a sophomore at Wadsworth High School. Blubaugh is looking forward to interviews and the people he will meet.

“I joined Bruin because Mr. Heffinger is an amazing teacher and I really wanted his class again,” Blubaugh said.

His favorite part so far has been hanging out with his friends.

Lily 

Lily Roden, Bruin Staff Writer

Lily Roden is a sophomore at Wadsworth High School. Roden joined Bruin because she wanted to be a part of something bigger at the school. Roden knew people who were in Bruin and they told her how fun it would be.

“I’m looking forward to more sendout days and going out for cover stories,” Roden said.

Her favorite part has been getting pictures and talking to everyone on the staff.

Jenevieve Swain, Bruin Staff Writer

Jenevieve 

Jenevieve Swain is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Swain’s favorite part so far has been writing, getting out of her shell, and being more talkative.

I look forward to making a difference, to write things that matter and that can change things for the better,” Swain said.

Swain wanted to join Bruin because her sister encouraged her. 

Devon Kittinger, Bruin Staff Writer

Devon

Devon Kittinger is a sophomore at Wadsworth High School. Kittinger is looking forward to covering large stories that happen in Wadsworth and around the world.

“My favorite part is sendout night when we stay later because it is not super chaotic,” Kittinger said.

Drake Fairbanks, Bruin Staff Writer

Drake

Drake Fairbanks is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. Fairbanks’s favorite part has been meeting new people and having new experiences with others. 

“I have always wanted to join Bruin, because my parents were in it and I figured it would be cool to do it as well,” Fairbanks said.

Fairbanks is looking forward to writing more stories and getting to know more people.