Wadsworth High School's Student Newspaper

Wadsworth High Celebrates Prom 2024 [Photo Gallery]

Wadsworth High School’s senior class celebrated the 2024 annual prom at the Galaxy on Saturday, May 18. The Promenade was held before the Prom and started in the high school gymnasium. 

Couples were able to walk out across the small stage in front of an arc. They then continued to walk down a red carpet aisle in front of their families. Couples would then pose in front of a videographer before heading to their floor seats. 

The promenade went from six to seven. Whereas, prom started at seven and concluded at ten. 

Seniors Trenton Wagner and Isabella Soto were voted to be the prom king and queen and they walked out as the last couple during the promenade. Not all of the students that attended prom attended the promenade. 

Once at the Galaxy, prom was held in the banquet hall. There was open seating and food including chicken, roast beef, veggies, potatoes, pasta, bread, and other dishes were at an open buffet-styled food grabbing.

The DJ was positioned at the front of the room at the corner of the dance floor. When the food plates were cleared, the dance floor was open to anyone, and the lights were dimmed. 

Senior Jordan Zakikian recalls her favorite part of the night by saying, “There was a bunch of things to do to keep you busy and [all the seniors] won a prize.” Zakikian invited her boyfriend Jonathan Mitchner to prom as her date. 

When prom had ended, students had the option to attend after prom at the Wadsworth Middle School. After Prom was barbeque themed and went from ten thirty and was wrapped up at two in the morning.

All photos by Corrine Hinkle.