Camdyn Brady Becomes New Head Girls Lacrosse Coach

Due to the exit of the former girl’s lacrosse coach, Shannon Korzunowski, from the program, a new coach has been hired to take over the girl’s lacrosse team, Camdyn Brady.
Brady is a teacher at Grizzly Academy and has been a part of the Wadsworth community for almost her entire life. Girls lacrosse started at Wadsworth in 2015 for high school and she was on the first girl’s team for the Wadsworth Grizzlies.
“I knew in high school that I wanted to come back after college and take this program to the ultimate goal, a state title,” Brady said.

Camdyn Brady looks for a pass during a college game. Brady attended Slippery Rock all four years of college and she was recruited during her high school years. Photo courtesy of Camdyn Brady.

In her youth, Brady played both club lacrosse and high school lacrosse. She was a four-time letter winner at Wadsworth. After her high school career was over, she continued to play lacrosse at the collegiate level. She attended Slippery Rock College in Butler County, Pennsylvania where she majored in Early Childhood education/ special education.
Last year, the girls lacrosse team went 8-9 for their season. They lost in the tournament’s first round to Medina High School, 17-4. Even though the girls suffered a losing season, Brady has big aspirations for this program.
“Ever since I stepped on the field my freshman year, I have wanted to win a state title for girl’s lacrosse,” Brady said. “In my time coaching at WHS, the ultimate goal would be a state championship.”Brady’s goals are not only a reality to herself but to her young athletes as well.
Junior midfielder Alivia Lalli believes that Brady’s lacrosse experience and leadership skills will be able to take the team to the next level and create a better environment than what the girls experienced last season.
“She treats everyone equally no matter the skill or length you have played the sport,” Lalli said. “I think this will be great for building our program and it gives the younger kids more opportunities to learn about the sport.”
Lalli also explains how she feels Brady’s knowledge of how competitive the Wadsworth athletic community is, since she grew up in Wadsworth and attended since kindergarten, will help to improve the success of the girl’s lacrosse program.
Brady sees this coaching position as a long-term job and she plans to take her ten years of lacrosse experience to help shape this lacrosse program. She believes that this season with the 16 seniors she has a part of the team that a difference will already be able to be seen in the culture of this program.
“Our seniors are great role models and great lacrosse players,” Brady said. “They are eager to help everyone out and have a great positive attitude. I see them contributing exponentially both on and off the field.”
The girl’s season will start on March 26, 2024, at Art Wright Stadium against Hudson High School.