Top 15 Ariana Grande songs

Top 15 Ariana Grande songs

BY KADE MIROS

This is my preferred top 15 Ariana Grande songs of all time. The colors correspond with their album covers.

Twenty-seven year old singer, songwriter, performer and actress Ariana Grande, has been very successful throughout her life. She made her Broadway Debut at age 15 in the 2008 musical, “13.” Grande played the role of Charlotte. Other acting credits include Nickelodeon’s “Victorious” (2010-2013) and “Sam and Cat” (2013-2014) where in both shows she played a fun and child-like character called Cat.

Grande released her first album, Yours Truly, on September 21, 2013. Her debut album opens at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. Hit singles include “Baby I” and “The Way” featuring Mac Miller.

Her second album, My Everything, was released in 2014. This set includes many of her songs that she is well-known for such as “One Last Time” and “Bang Bang” featuring Jessie J and Nicki Minaj. Another one of her more popular songs, “Problem,” featuring Iggy Azalea, won the Best Pop Video award at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards.

Two years later, Grande released her third album, Dangerous Woman, that features fifteen songs and many collaborations including once again, Nicki Minaj. Many of Grande’s popular songs come from this album including “Dangerous Woman” and “Into You.” This album also began its first world tour.

Taking some time off in 2017, Grande comes back in 2018 with her fourth album, Sweetener. Fun fact, this is her first album cover to be in color! With the album hitting No. 1 U.K. and the U.S., Grande decided to go on her second world tour. This tour also was filmed at one of her London concerts, and was put on Netflix under the title of excuse me, i love you. The album mainly focuses on what Grande had been going through, featuring her relationship with Pete Davidson ending in October 2018. Sweetener features some of her more popular songs such as “God is a Woman,” “Breathin” and “no tears left to cry.”

Her struggles continued in February 2019 when her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller passed away. Grande references him in one of her songs as an “angel” in her new album, thank u, next. Songs from the album also feature in the Sweetener world tour because both albums came out around the same time. The album includes some fan favorites such as “NASA” and “in my head” The music video for the song “thank u, next” makes some fun references from 90s and 00s teen films like Mean Girls.

Due to COVID-19 and taking a break from her past two albums, Grande releases her sixth and most recent album, Positions. She tweeted around the beginning of October, “i can’t wait to give u my album this month.” This left fans in suspense.

On Halloween, the album was released to the public. Many of her popular songs from this album include “34+35,” “motive,” “positions.’’ Only a couple months later, the deluxe version of the album released featuring five new songs.

Grande has released six albums since her career began in 2013. The albums are listed in chronological order from left to right.