Wadsworth High School's Student Newspaper

Megan Harvey Hired As New Main Street Wadsworth Executive Director

Megan Harvey has been named the new director of Main Street Wadsworth. Photo courtesy of Megan Harvey.

Megan Harvey was appointed the new director of Main Street Wadsworth. Harvey will supervise events, collaborations, and advertising, as of the end of April. 

Harvey served on staff at the Akron Civic Theater in many capacities, most recently as the development manager. Her five-plus years in the role prepared her for this new position in Wadsworth. 

Wadsworth, located in Northeast Ohio, is one of the many communities around the U.S. that take part in Main Street America. In Wadsworth, Main Street Wadsworth has made a major impact in the community and downtown. 

Main Street Wadsworth is a nonprofit organization in Wadsworth, Ohio. Main Street Wadsworth strives to preserve and improve the city of Wadsworth. Wadsworth Main Street hopes to be inviting and a great place to visit. Main Street Wadsworth, a subset of Main Street Ohio and America, has a four-point approach: design, economic vitality, promotion, and organization, which contributes to its success. 

Harvey has lots of experience with fundraising and management.

“We determined that fundraising should be a big part of the job description and Megan had those skills that we felt that we needed, as a board,” said Tom Stugmyer, former interim director of Main Street Wadsworth.

Harvey’s upbringing gave her the experience to work and be the best fit for her current job as the director. She wants to revamp Wadsworth in a positive way. 

“Megan is an enthusiastic, goal-orientated individual that has the fundraising, event planning, and the communication skills from her time with the Akron Civic Theater organization that will take Main Street into the future,” Stugmyer said. 

Harvey wants to focus on improving and building onto things that are already great. She wants to bring people together and bring them downtown with events and activities, creating a great community.

“I believe that cities can thrive through events downtown,” said Harvey. 

Under Harvey, Main Street Wadsworth will look to continue to improve the quality of events and activities that downtown Wadsworth has to offer.