Wadsworth Middle School Teacher Arrested On Three Counts Of Sexual Imposition

Wadsworth Police Department released a press release on April 25, 2024, detailing the arrest and charges against Robert Bodjanac, a Wadsworth Middle School Science teacher.

The arrest was made on April 25, 2024, after a nearly month-long investigation. Bodjanac is being charged with three counts of sexual imposition, one count for each of the alleged three victims, who were female middle school students. The counts are misdemeanors of the third degree. 

“On March 27, 2024, Wadsworth Middle School staff contacted the School Resource Officer (SRO) regarding a discussion of inappropriate contact that Bodjanac had with a middle school student,” said the Wadsworth Police Department, in a media release. “The SRO, along with Detectives from the Wadsworth Police Department, immediately began an investigation.” 

The parents/guardians of the students involved were contacted and made alert of the situation.

Bodjanac was placed on administrative leave by Wadsworth School District immediately and has been on leave for the entirety of the case. Due to the current investigation, he is restricted from being on Wadsworth City School District property and is ordered to have no contact with Wadsworth City School students. 

“If convicted, Bodjanac faces a maximum penalty of sixty (60) days in jail and a fine up to $250.00 on each count,” Wadsworth Police Department said. “Bodjanac was arraigned in the Wadsworth Municipal Court where he entered pleas of not guilty. He was released on a bond of $1,500.00.”

Bodjanac is ordered to appear for his court hearing on June 5, 2024.

Wadsworth Police Department is asking that students who have any additional information regarding the current investigation speak to a staff member or school counselor. 

“Anyone with information that may be relevant to the investigation should contact the Wadsworth Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-336-2405,” Wadsworth Police Department said in their statement. 

Due to the fact that the investigation is ongoing, no additional information has been shared as of publishing. 

“All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law,” Wadsworth Police Department said. 

Wadsworth Police Department thanked Wadsworth City School District for their cooperation and The Children’s Center of Medina County for assisting in the investigation.