Wadsworth Holds Academic Assembly To Honor Students

Bryce+Goodin+poses+with+Wadsworth+High+School+Principals+while+receiving+his+award+on+Academic+Award+Night.+This+award+night+is+held+every+year+to+recognize+students+with+academic+achievement.+Photo+by+Maia+Edwards.+
Bryce Goodin poses with Wadsworth High School Principals while receiving his award on Academic Award Night. This award night is held every year to recognize students with academic achievement. Photo by Maia Edwards.

Wadsworth High School held an assembly on November 30 honoring students who have high grades and have done outstanding things during the school year so far.

Principals started the assembly by giving out academic letters. To get the academic letter, a student must have a minimum GPA of 3.7.

Staff members called everyone up individually to the stage with a slide show. They also provided how many years each student has won this award.

First-year award winners received a written letter that congratulated them on their achievements. Second-year winners received a patch to put on their letterman jackets to show their stellar academics. Third-year winners received a pin to put on their letterman jackets, as well. 

“I felt very honored to win the award for the second year in a row because I work very hard in my academics,” said Mia Vignali, a sophomore at Wadsworth High School.

To some students, this award means a lot to them because they realize their hard work is getting recognition.

“It means a lot because it shows how my hard work that is put in school is being recognized,” said Mallory Roberts, a sophomore at Wadsworth High School. 

This assembly recognizes people who might not normally be recognized, as this award is solely based on academics and not based on athletic ability or club involvement. Wadsworth still believes it is important to recognize those who put all their time and effort into academics.