Wadsworth Seniors celebrate normal Prom for first time since 2019 (Photo Slideshow)

BY LIAM RUSSELL

As the school year comes to a close, Wadsworth High school seniors and their dates enjoyed Prom at The Galaxy on May 14. This year’s Prom was the first completely normal Prom Wadsworth has hosted since 2019 due to COVID-19.

Before Prom, Promenade was held in Wadsworth High School’s main gym. At Promenade, each couple had the opportunity to be announced and walk through the center of the gym and the Prom king and queen were announced. The winners of Prom king and queen are based on the senior classes’ votes. This year’s Prom king and queen were Grace Pantalone and Jonathan Erb. 

To start off the night, couples enjoyed dinner at The Galaxy. The Galaxy served pasta, chicken, green beans, broccoli, and rolls. Seniors were able to pick their own seats at dinner, allowing them to sit and have fun with their friends. 

After dinner, the couples started dancing the night away. The DJ played many different genres of songs that could appeal to everyone. The dance lasted until 11 p.m.

“I liked Prom better than other dances I have been to because the music was a lot better than the other dances,” said Karlie McGrath, a Wadsworth sophomore who attended the dance with a senior . “I had a lot of fun dancing with everyone in my group.”

After Prom was held in the Wadsworth Middle School Gym. The After Prom theme was “Casino Night.” There were many prizes that the seniors could win that would benefit them for college. Many businesses donated things like kitchen supplies and gift cards.

“After Prom was pretty fun,”  said Brayden Griffin, a Wadsworth High School senior. “The parents set up a bunch of food, poker, games like dodgeball, and big inflatables. There were also a bunch of prizes to win. My favorite part was tackling Tenley Inestroza in an inflatable.”

The Class of 2022 ended their high school years on a high note with a successful and fun-filled Prom, being able to enjoy being with their classmates one last time before graduation.