Donald Trump Jr. to speak to Medina County Republicans in Wadsworth 

BY JANAE JOACHIM

Donald Trump Jr. will be coming to The Galaxy in Wadsworth on April 20 for the Lincoln Day Dinner sponsored by the Medina County Republican Party. The goal of this fundraiser is to promote Republican principles and values and help Republican candidates throughout the county. 

“It’s really about a presentation to Republicans in the county but also in the state from national speakers who have a Republican message to present,” said Jim Renacci, who is running for the Republican nomination for Ohio Governor and is the current Executive Committee Chairman for the Medina County Republican Party. Renacci is also the former Mayor of  Wadsworth and former Congressman of Ohio’s 16th Congressional District. 

The Galaxy is a restaurant and event center in Wadsworth, Ohio. The Republican fundraiser will be held here with special guest Donald Trump Jr. PHOTO BY JANAE JOACHIM

Renacci feels the policies of Donald Trump are important in order to move Ohio forward and wants to associate himself with people as such. 

“What I hope this highlights is that Jim Renacci does believe in the policies of moving our state and our country forward and will always support those policies,” said Renacci.

Renacci took over the Medina County Republican Party in August 2020. Since then they have had speakers such as Dennis Prager in Medina, Lara Trump in Brunswick and now Donald Trump Jr. in Wadsworth. 

“These are the type of events we like to have where we can bring outside Republicans or individuals that support Republican values in to talk to Republicans throughout Medina County but also throughout the state of Ohio,” Renacci said. “Whenever you bring in national speakers like this you also get the opportunity to bring people in from not only Medina County but outside Medina County.” 

The event is a fundraiser for the Medina County Republican Party that gives guests an opportunity to hear from well-known figures of the Republican Party. 

Donald Trump Jr., son of former president Donald Trump, will be in Wadsworth on April 20 to speak at an event for the Medina County Republican Party. Photo Courtesy of Creative Commons

“It’s fun to go meet other people that also share my values,” said Darci Houser, a local Republican who has attended previous events and plans to attend the upcoming Trump Jr event. “It’s nice to be able to meet people and hear their views. It helps me be an educated voter.” 

Todd Houser, Darci’s husband and also a Republican, has attended previous events and anticipates hearing how the economy in Wadsworth will be improved at this upcoming event because of what he knows and admires about Renacci’s business experience and initiatives. 

“I love to listen to [Jim Renacci], and the things he wants to do for Ohioans is to kind of move us into the future so that we can have jobs that aren’t just subsidized jobs but jobs that are supported by private business and small business,” said Todd Houser.

Donald Trump Jr. was chosen by Renacci and his team because of his national presence and popularity among Republicans. 

“I really support Republican values and traditional Judeo-Christian values, so I’m just trying to get involved and support the party that I believe will further those values,” said Darci Houser.

There will be a pre-event with Donald Trump Jr. and then a private event at The Galaxy before Donald Trump Jr. speaks to the crowd. Renacci highlighted that the event will honor firefighters and first responders. 

All funds and proceeds will go to the Medina County Republican Party. There were 30 VIP Package tickets available for $395. The cost included both a dinner ticket and access to Jim Renacci’s VIP reception with Donald Trump Jr. Regular tickets to the event cost $145 but are currently sold out.

The flier for the 2022 Lincoln Day Dinner event contains a picture of Donald Trump Jr. He will speak at the Galaxy on April 20. Image courtesy of the Medina County Republican Party