March for Art on Wadsworth Main Street

BY GAVIN ZEINER

Main Street Wadsworth is hosting the March for Art as their First Friday downtown on March 4 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.

The month of March is art themed, broadcasting the visual and musical arts.

First Friday provides the people and visitors of Wadsworth food and shows from downtown. It supports the local businesses and includes food trucks as well. The event provides the people a downtown experience to spend the night walking around and allowing businesses in downtown Wadsworth to engage with the community. This gives these businesses a chance to promote their business by allowing people to shop, eat and entertain while everyone is going around enjoying themselves.

To engage the art theme for this month there will be art work from school children in the area displayed in the downtown businesses. There will also be an art scavenger hunt where you pick up an event flier and art bag at the Main Street Wadsworth table in Opal Dragonfly Boutique (110 High St.). From there, people will collect art supplies and get to the end of the scavenger hunt at the designated “art studios.”  

Located in several places around downtown are signs showcasing “Wadsworth Ohio, 1814” Attendees of First Friday can see these downtown.
Photo By Axel Mueller