Brian's Guide to Surviving Quarantine: Fun Activities

BY BRIAN COOTE

Covid-19 has impacted our lives in a lot of ways. Schools and businesses are closing and socializing has been put on hold. With many people stuck at home for the next few weeks here are a few things do while in quarantine.

Decorate your face mask

Corona might be stopping school but it will not stop fashion. Get those face mask out and decorate them so when you do have to go out you will be looking your best. 

Play a board game

Electronic entertainment can not last forever so if there is nothing else to do play the board games you have stored away.

Learn a new skill 

Ever wanted to learn a new skill like how to cook or juggle well now you have four weeks to practice.

Play with your pet

Most days you are at school for seven hours while your pet lays at home waiting for you. Give your animal some love over the break and play with them. 

Build a fort

You are already quarantined at home you might as well make yourself comfy in your own fort.

Break out your old toys

From nerf guns to legos we all have boxes full of old toys, break them out one more time.

Play Quarantine Games

There are some games you can only play in situations like these. Compare with your friends who has the most toilet paper or check how low flight prices are.

Watch an old movie 

Sometimes streaming services do not have every movie available so time to cycle through some old movies you have. 

Go outside

We all should be social distancing but that does not mean you can not go for a walk or play in the backyard.

Revisit old books

We all have a favorite book series or two, now that you have a bunch of free time reread through them again. 

Revisit old websites

There are thousands of free game websites to explore. Some might be old classics while others could be a new experience.

Watch movies with friends

While you should be social distancing, that does not mean you can not still connect with friends. There are many apps like Netflix Party that let you watch movies with friends online. 

Become the next internet star 

It is free to start a Youtube channel or Tik Tok account and spread your talent.  

Arts and crafts

Drawing, painting or crafting can be a great way to exercise your mind while passing time and having fun.

Stay Active

Many gyms are closed and there are constant warnings to stay home but that should not stop you from staying fit. There are many basic exercises you can still do and there are many home workout videos on YouTube.