Sports Update: Apr. 29

Baseball

The varsity baseball team won five straight, beating Medina 5-4, Hudson 4-1, Stow 6-4, Cuyahoga Falls 8-3, and North Royalton 17-11. They then lost 6-4 to Field and are now (14-3) overall and (8-2) in the league.

Softball

The softball team lost 1-0 to Hudson and beat Cuyahoga Falls 18-5 and Copley 10-5. Then they beat Nordonia twice, 10-0 and 16-6 to go to (11-4) overall and (6-2) in the league.  

Tennis

The tennis team placed 2nd at the Medina Doubles Tournament. They then beat Twinsburg 3-2 and Medina 4-1. They beat Hudson 4-1 to clinch the regular season Suburban League National Conference Title. They then beat Brunswick 5-0 and Green 3-2 to finish the regular season (11-4) overall and (7-0) in the league. They then went to Stow over the weekend and won the Suburban League outright by finishing 1st in the league tournament, led by 1st place finishes by seniors TJ Lockwood (2nd singles), Demetri Laikos (3rd singles), and Beau Casey and Will Virgin (2nd doubles).

Boys Track & Field

The boys track team placed 17th overall at the GlenOak Second Sole Eagle Elite Invitational. Then, in a Suburban League quad meet at Stow, they beat Stow 81-56, North Royalton 91-46, and Cuyahoga Falls 102-35. They also beat Brecksville 80-57 to go to (4-2) in the league, before finishing 3rd at the Mentor Cardinal Relays over the weekend.

Girls Track & Field

The girls track team placed 5th overall at the GlenOak Second Sole Eagle Elite Invitational led by freshman Clare Nicholas’s meet record time of 5:09.28 in the 1600 meter run. Then, in a Suburban League quad meet at Stow, they beat Stow 79-58, North Royalton 106-31, and Cuyahoga Falls 90-47. They also beat Brecksville in a dual meet 98-39 to go to (6-0) in the league, before finishing 3rd at the Mentor Cardinal Relays over the weekend.

Boys Lacrosse

The boys lacrosse team dropped a pair of games, losing 9-4 to Bay Village and 15-5 to Dublin Scioto, before defeating Stow 16-6 in their first Suburban League match. They split their next two matches with a loss to St. Ignatius 13-10 and a victory over Glen Oak 19-4. They lost 12-6 to Perry to go to (6-7) overall and (1-0) in the league.

Girls Lacrosse

Girls lacrosse team lost 15-4 to Kings, 14-7 to Revere, 11-7 to Avon, and 9-6 to Kenston. They then rattled off a pair of wins, 7-1 over Roosevelt and 8-7 over Lake. They are now (5-6) overall.

The boys tennis team won the Suburban League tournament to finish as this year’s league champs.
Photo by Christa Halicki.