Weekly Sports Update: Dec. 14

BY JACOB MCDERMITT

Wrestling

The wrestling team finished 26th at the Walsh Ironman Tournament on Sunday. Michael North, 12, placed for the second straight year, finishing 5th at 145 pounds.

Girls Basketball

The girls basketball team defeated Cuyahoga Falls on Saturday 64-39 and blew out North Royalton 81-16 at home to go to (5-0) overall and (4-0) in the league.

Boys Basketball

The boys basketball team dropped their league opener at Stow 67-39 and fall to (0-2) overall. They look to get back on track when they host Cuyahoga Falls tonight.

Gymnastics

The gymnastics team opened their season at Wooster on Thursday, falling by a mere 1.5 points, 129-127.5.

Boys Bowling

The varsity boys bowling team won a trio of matches this week to remain undefeated. They won 2456-1981 over North Royalton, 2397-1725 over Barberton, and  2711-2563 over Twinsburg. They are now (5-0) overall and (4-0) in the Suburban League.

Girls Bowling

The girls bowling team won all three of their matches this week, against Cuyahoga Falls, 1849-1596, Barberton, 1899-1596, and Twinsburg, 19890-1704. The victories moved them to (3-1) overall and (3-0) in the league.

Boys Swim

Boys swimming and diving lost a dual match but then won a tri-match this week. They lost 106-75 at Stow and defeated Cuyahoga Falls, 125-38, and North Royalton, 90-86, at home. They have only faced Suburban League teams so far and are (3-1) overall.

Girls Swim

Girls swimming lost at Stow 110-75 and then defeated Cuyahoga Falls and North Royalton, 113-58 and 93-80, respectively, to go to (3-1) in the league and overall.

Cooper Wrobel, 12, lines up a shot in a victory over North Royalton. Photo courtesy of Cooper Wrobel