Wadsworth High School's Student Newspaper

Fantasy Football Now; Week 3

BY QUENTIN GRIFFIN

Fantasy season is upon us. The first two weeks are in the books and teams are already starting to show their true colors. Whether your first, last, or somewhere in between here are some players who you will have to look out for this year.

Carson Wentz, Eagles Quarterback, has put up some huge number in the first two weeks. He’s completed 69 percent of his passes for 640 yards and 4 touchdowns. He lead his team to victory in Week One with a 307 yards, two touchdown performance. While in Week Two his team lost, he still put up impressive numbers with  a 333 yard, two touchdown showing. He has been a great surprise for most owners who had previously looked at him as a backup.

Carson Wentz debut a winner for Eagles over Browns
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz  has put up some impressive numbers this season. He is starting to look more like a QB1 instead of what he was previously expected to be (QB2). Photo By MCT CAMPUS

Kareem Hunt has also been an absolute monster through two games for Kansas City. His Chiefs are 2-0 and this is due in large part to his spectacular play. In Week One, he lead the way against the defending Super Bowl Champions, New England Patriots. Hunt gobbled up 281 total yards and 3 touchdowns. Week Two wasn’t a let down to say the least, as he put up 81 rushing yards and two touchdowns.

Philadelphia Eagles vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Kareem Hunt has been an absolute beast in the first two weeks of the season. Here he is breaking a tackle against the Eagles this weekend. Photo by MCT CAMPUS

Other rookie running backs Dalvin Cook and Leonard Fournette haven’t disappointed either. They put up massive numbers for fantasy owners through two weeks. If you’re looking for waiver wires steals for week three, you  should look at possible running backs like Chris Thompson (Washington) and James White (New England). These two are PPR (Point per Reception) animals. As well as wideouts Cooper Kupp (Los Angeles Rams) and Kenny Stills (Miami).