Grizzlies shut out Wooster in second game

BY JACOB BROWN

Starting off the game with a sincere showing of support for our troops, the student section showed their pride by wearing camo clothes and waving an American flag. Showing off their dominance, the Grizzlies quickly jumped to a 28-0 lead and would go on to continue the game with a fierce competitiveness.

Leading by 28 at the end of the first quarter, the Grizzlies felt very comfortable with where they stood and had a momentum that would carry them through the rest of the game.

At the end of the half, the Grizzlies held a massive 41 point lead as the band came onto the field.

fball-1-1.jpg
As their team lead the game going into the second half with a score or 41-0, the students who came to support them were high in energy. Photo by Jacob Brown

The Grizzlies exited the locker room looking to finish the game strong. Joey Baughman, senior captain, had high hopes for the rest of the game.  

“It felt great to punch them in the mouth during the first half, after our last two meetings. We prepared all week and were ready to win,” said Joey Baughman.

Throughout the third quarter, the Grizzlies found it more difficult than before to put points on the scoreboard but still finished the game strong.

The Grizzlies would finish the night by shutting Wooster out with a score of 47-0, making their record 2-0. The team has great momentum leading them forward to this week’s game against Medina, where the Grizzlies look for another victory.

The theme for the Student Section is “USA” this week.

fball 5 (1) 2
The Grizzlies defensive line holds the opposition at the 5-yard line and prepared to push them back further. Photo by Jacob Brown