No Signs Of Intelligent Life Comes to Wadsworth

This is the poster for the No Signs Of Intelligent Life play. It includes the time, dates, and price. It also includes the bar code you can scan on your phone to purchase the tickets online. Photo courtesy of the Off Broad Street Players.

This spring the Wadsworth High School theater is putting on the play No Signs of Intelligent Life at the Wadsworth High School auditorium.
Opening night will be April 25th and will be going on until April 27th. Each of those days it will take place at 7:00 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center at WHS.
No Signs of Intelligent Life is a comedy, throwing in jokes throughout the performance. However, what makes this show unique is how it is set up. The show consists of a variety of short stories that take as much time as a normal play would.
“This show is broken down into several vignette-style scenes,” said Lindsay Patterson, the co-director of the show.
Although it is separated into vignettes, all of them are similar in storyline. They all include everyday humans doing everyday things such as shopping, eating, or working. The twist with this though is that there is an Alien or Aliens trying to fit in. Each vignette is a different situation that these Aliens have to go through and they have to try to convince the humans they are human as well.
“This play is about a species of Aliens who have disguised themselves as humans in order to observe us, and they end up in some silly situations,” said Joe Maag, an actor in the show.
This show does not have just one main character, many of the students who participate in this play switch roles often. While the Aliens are the “main characters” it is played by someone different each time.
“In my first scene I play a co-worker of one of the Aliens, and then in my second scene I play a human resources representative,” Maag said.
Due to the success of last year’s comedy, the Off Broad Street Players decided to pursue another kind of storyline that they considered to be more complicated.
“Last year’s Spring comedy Puffs was extremely complicated on a logistical and technical level,” Patterson said. “Our tech crew and cast really knocked it out of the park.”
The comedy is the last play that the Off Broad Street Players will be presenting this year.