Wadsworth High Hosts Senior Wrestling Night

The Wadsworth High School wrestling team had a match against Uniontown Lake High School on Saturday, December 16, 2023. This match highlighted all nine seniors that are a part of the wrestling program. 

“The best part about the senior night was being with the team and having my family there to support the team and I,” said Hunter Buckland, a senior wrestler.

The nine seniors walked with their parents and were recognized for the work they have put into the Wadsworth wrestling program over the past four years. The nine senior girls who do stats for the wrestling team were also recognized. 

The seniors recognized were: Aaron Ries who wrestles for the 285 class and plans to wrestle at Campbell University after high school, Brody Randolph who wrestles for the 285 class, Rory Nolan who wrestles for the 215 class and plans to major in Cybersecurity after high school, Adrian Lee who wrestles for the 150 class and plans to study at Kent State University after high school, Kaden Kilpatrick who wrestles for the 157 class and plans to study Criminal Justice after high school, Sean Harding who wrestles for the 150 class and plans to further his academic and wrestling career after high school, Hunter Buckland who wrestles at 165 lbs and plans to wrestle in college after high school, Kaden Mellon who wrestles at 138 lbs and plans to study business after high school, and Jaxon Joy who wrestles at 150 lbs and plans to wrestle at Cornell University after high school. 

“The thing I’m going to miss most is the brotherhood that Wadsworth wrestling has and how close we all are to one another,” said Senior Captain, Kaden Mellon. 

The boys dominated over Uniontown Lake High School, winning the match 56-17. 

The Grizzlies Wrestling team will travel to Hoover High School on Friday, December 22, 2023, to compete in the NC Holiday Tournament.