Opinion: The Bruin Rates Starbucks Holiday Drinks

This is the Chesnut Praline latte. The seasonal drinks came out on November 1. Photo by Emma Lynn.

Every year, around November, Starbucks brings back its regular holiday menu. As the holiday season comes to a close it is time to find once and for all which holiday drink is the best on the menu.

This is a tall Gingerbread Oatmilk Chai Latte. This drink is new to Starbucks this year.  Photo by Mallory Gerschutz.

Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte

Available hot, iced, and as a frappuccino blended beverage. 

Rated: 7/10

Overall the drink was not very sweet, but still tasted good.  It came with sprinkles on top and can be purchased with sweet cold foam.

Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai

Rating: 8/10 

This drink tasted similar to a normal chai drink.  It was not too sweet and came with a cinnamon topping.

Shown above is a Peppermint Mocha (right) and Caramel Brulee Latte (left). Both drinks are available hot, iced, and as a Frappuccino blended beverage. Photo by Katie Allen.

Peppermint Mocha

Rated: 9/10

The hot drink came with whipped cream on top of it. Overall it tasted like hot chocolate with a candy cane mixed in.

Caramel Brulee Latte

Rated: 6/10

The hot drink came with whipped cream on top of it. The coffee flavor was very strong in this drink, but it also had a good balance of the caramel flavor and a cream flavor.

Chesnut Praline latte

Available hot and iced.

The Chesnut Praline latte had a strong nutty flavor that was not insanely sweet. The drink was good if you like something more mild with a strong chesnut base but if you are into sweet coffee, it is probably not for you.

Rated: 7/10

Gingerbread Oat Milk Latte

Available hot and iced.

This latte featured a strong gingerbread flavor with a creamy base that tasted exactly like a gingerbread cookie. It can be served with an optionable whipped cream topping and serves as an amazing holiday treat.

Rated: 9/10