Get out, be active

In a 2005 file image from high in the John Muir Wilderness, backpackers enter Sallie Keyes Lakes, elevation 10,002, from Selden Pass along the John Muir Trail. A new study suggests that a couple days of camping in the great outdoors can reset your circadian clock and help you get more sleep. (Ken Hively/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

BY TORI BAKER

Spring is just around the corner and it is coming sooner than what a lot of Ohioans expected. With the warm weather being sprung upon us without notice people are scrambling to make the most of the sunny 50 degree weather.

“When the weather get warmer I love to spend as much time as I can outside, even if that is me laying out and tanning in 57 degree weather,” said Katie Johnson, 11.

Once the snow has completely melted off the ground, do not let that precious sunny day go to waste by staying inside. You can go outdoors and explore. There are so many wonderful hiking trails that are very close to Wadsworth.

february-tori
Bright and happy flowers will be blooming in your backyard soon. Photo courtesy of MCT Campus.

“The weather was great this past weekend so me and my two other best friends got dressed up and went out to lunch. After lunch we drove around and found a cute little park and had a photo shoot,” said Johnson.

If you are not completely into hiking then you and your best friends can have a fun and quirky photo shoot. With the sun gazing down giving the perfect lighting for your selfie to slay.

“I get really excited for track season to start in the spring. I love being able to run outside in shorts and not have to be bundled up in layers,” said Nick Miller, 11.

It is time to put your New Year’s resolution to the test and finally start prepping for that “summer bod”. Getting into the outdoors and exercising will keep you healthy and your body in shape. Playing a fall sport you know that dreadful time is coming up with the intense summer conditioning. It is way easier to stay in shape then slacking off and trying to get back into shape.

“I always run and exercise throughout the year because running cross country and track really keeps me in shape. I feel like I run more miles in the spring because the nice weather makes me eager to get outside,” said Miller.

Staying healthy and going outside is everyone’s favorite thing to do in the spring. Everyone gets tired of being cooped up inside for so long. Winter seems never-ending, but when the weather finally becomes enjoyable go outside and make the most of the sunny days with your friends.

Get out, be active