Student Feature: We Are Going To Cincinnati – Here’s Why

Photo+courtesy+of+fair+use.+
Photo courtesy of fair use.

Sydney Blake

After going and weighing all of the pros and cons of all the colleges I visited and applied to, I will be attending the University of Cincinnati in the fall and will be majoring in Health Science-Pre Physician Assistant. After college, I plan on attending PA school to become a Dermatologist Physician Assistant.
There were many factors that I considered when trying to narrow down my college options. Near the end of my process, I was between Miami University and the University of Cincinnati. I loved Miami’s campus and its campus life, but I knew that UC was more practical for me and my major. Cincinnati is in the heart of the city and just a few minutes away from Kentucky, which will make it easier for me to obtain patient and work experience. Miami, which is located in Oxford, Ohio, was surrounded by cornfields and did not really have anything to do outside of the campus. At Miami, I feel like I would be trapped on campus, but at Cincinnati, there’s something new to try every weekend in the city.
The University of Cincinnati is also in the Big 12 conference, and I love going to any kind of sporting event with my friends. Along with going to college sporting events, Cincinnati is also the home of major sports teams, like the Bengals, Reds, and FC Cincinnati.
I knew I did not want to stray too far from home; Cincinnati is the perfect distance for me to not be too close but to also be able to come home on some weekends.
I am excited to continue my academic career at the University of Cincinnati in the fall.

Brooke Baughman

Like a lot of high school seniors, I visited colleges all across the state to try and figure out where I will spend my next 4 years. Long story short, I ended up committing to the University of Cincinnati majoring in Pre-Physician Assistant Health Sciences.
I chose the University of Cincinnati for many reasons, but there are 3 main reasons that made my decision undeniably easy.
I enjoy shopping, attending sporting events, and going to concerts so I knew that I wanted to go to college in a big city. Cincinnati has numerous malls, three major league sports teams, and beautiful restaurants and concert spaces right on the Ohio River.
Cincinnati also has a beautiful campus. I figured the campus would be very city-like, but to my surprise, it was super compact and the buildings were gorgeous. It definitely had a college campus feel that I could see myself in the future.
The most convincing thing that drew me to Cincinnati was its reputation regarding my major. Cincinnati has several major hospitals and is the #1 university for co-ops, which are basically internships and help guarantee undergraduates a job after they graduate.
I am so excited for my next four years and I could not imagine going anywhere else.