Wadsworth Bruin Welcomes New Staff Writers

The 2023-2024 Bruin staff has gained eleven new members. They have already completed their first issue and next year they will work on eight more. The new staff members are looking forward to helping make the paper and contributing their talents to the staff. 

Riley

Riley Hunt, Bruin Staff Writer

Riley Hunt is a sophomore at Wadsworth High School. She wanted to join the Bruin to pursue her love of writing.  

“My favorite thing about Bruin so far is the amount of support I’ve received, all the editors, chiefs, and Mr. Heffinger have been so helpful,” Hunt said. 

She says she looks forward to having the opportunity to add fun layouts to the paper next year.  Hunt also expressed her interest in writing both news and feature stories for the Bruin, because those are the stories she enjoys writing the most. 

“I am looking forward to seeing the paper develop next year, I truly believe we can make it the best paper and I have huge hopes for it,” Hunt said.  

Larkin Tackett, Bruin Staff Writer

Larkin

Larkin Tackett is a freshman at Wadsworth High School.  She decided to pursue joining the Bruin because she thought it would be a fun activity to do for the school with her friends. 

“In my time on the staff I would like to get to know everyone else on the Bruin and get to know more about the people I already know,” Tackett said. 

She is the most interested in working on news stories for the paper because she believes it provides more options. 

Tackett is looking forward to improving her writing skills during her time on the Bruin Staff. 

Noah

Noah Johnson, Bruin Staff Writer

Noah Johnson is a freshman at Wadsworth High School.

“My favorite thing I’ve done with the Bruin was sendout because I got to hang around with my friends,” Johnson said. 

He wanted to join the paper to learn more about how a newspaper can be published in all different forms of media and the different techniques that are involved. 

“I’m most interested in working in the entertainment department because there are a lot of fun entertainment things that can be written about,” Johnson said. 

Johnson is looking forward to working on the Bruin next year and being able to create multiple issues throughout the year. 

Aaliyah

Aaliyah Davis, Bruin Staff Writer

Aaliyah Davis is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. 

“I wanted to join the Bruin because I like writing about a lot of different topics, whether they’re controversial, or fun, or entertaining,” Davis said. 

She says that her favorite thing about being on the Bruin so far has been getting to know the rest of the staff.  Davis enjoyed spending time with her friends when editing the print issue to be sent for publication. 

“Send out night is really fun, just getting together, getting snacks, talking to friends and listening to music,” Davis said. 

She would like to continue to put out stories to spread awareness about important issues during her time on the Bruin Staff.  Davis is the most interested in working on In-Depth stories or entertainment-centered stories.  

She is looking forward to coming up with new ideas to write about and being able to see how people react to them. 

Hadley

Hadley James, Bruin Staff Writer

Hadley James is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. 

“I decided to join the Bruin and I thought that it would be a really good opportunity for me,” said James. 

She enjoyed working with and being around all the staff members on the night where the paper was sent out, which is her favorite experience since joining the staff. 

James is interested in working in the News Department and wants to continue to write stories covering current events. She also has an interest in writing for the entertainment department. 

“I’m looking forward to getting to know the staff and getting to be a better writer overall,” James said. 

Avery Nicholson, Bruin Staff Writer

Avery

Avery Nicholson is a current junior at Wadsworth High School. 

She decided to join the Bruin because she wanted to be a part of more school-oriented groups. 

Her favorite part of being on the staff so far has been being able to work on the May issue and getting the opportunity to take photos for the Bruin. 

“I would just like to just help make our paper the best it can be,” Nicholson said. 

She is most interested in being able to work with the sports department of the paper. 

Nicholson is most looking forward to spending time working with her friends who are also taking the class. 

Reagan

Reagan Riggenbach, Bruin Staff Writer

Reagan Riggenbach is a sophomore at Wadsworth High School. She joined the Bruin because she enjoys writing and thought that it would be a fun activity. 

“My favorite thing I have done with the Bruin was meeting new people and writing my first story,” Riggenbach said. 

In her time on the staff, she wants to work on the TikTok account and boost its audience. She wants to focus on the social media aspects of journalism. 

“I’m looking forward to all the memories I will make on the staff,” Riggenbach said. 

Maia Edwards, Bruin Staff Writer

Maia

Maia Edwards is a current sophomore at Wadsworth High School.

“I wanted to join the paper because I wanted to try something new and I had heard good things about it from my friends who were already on the staff,” Edwards said. 

She says that her favorite thing she has done for the Bruin so far is putting out the May Issue and learning how the process works.  

“I think that I would like to be able to cover a variety of different types of stories while I am working on the staff,” Edwards said. 

She is most interested in working in the News department of the paper right now. 

“I am most looking forward to improving my own writing and seeing how the paper changes and develops throughout the next year,” Edwards said. 

Rhinoa

Rhinoa Beverly, Bruin Staff Writer

Rhinoa Beverly is a freshman at Wadsworth High School. She decided to join the Bruin because she was looking for something to do in order to be involved in the school. 

“My favorite thing that I’ve done with the Bruin is probably the staff meetings that we have in Academic Lab,” said Beverly. “We talk about ideas for the paper and I think it’s really cool.” 

She is excited to be able to write online stories and move away from just writing in print. 

“I would like to work in the entertainment department, I think that I could write good entertaining stories,” Beverly said. 

She is looking forward to starting to create the Bruin next year and working with the rest of the staff.  

Emma Lynn, Bruin Staff Writer

Emma

Emma Lynn is a sophomore at Wadsworth High school 

“I took the Newspaper 1 class thinking I was going to join the yearbook, but I really liked writing stories and doing the news portion of the class,” Lynn said. 

She says that her favorite thing about being on the Bruin Staff is getting the chance to talk to different people and write stories about them.  

Lynn enjoys writing and editing stories and hopes to continue to do as much as she can while she is on the staff. 

“I’m looking forward to learning more about journalism and working to broaden the Bruin’s audience and make the paper the best it can be,” Lynn said. 

Claire

Claire Ferguson, Bruin Staff Writer

Claire Ferguson is a sophomore at Wadsworth High School. 

“I wanted to join the Bruin to further improve my writing and time management skills, as well as do something out of my comfort zone,” Ferguson said. 

She says that so far her favorite experience while working on the Bruin has been seeing the May issue come together and see the whole staff work together. 

“I would like to write about things that are important to me and the community as a whole, and learn from everyone on the staff,” Ferguson said. 

She is not set on one specific department of the paper.  She wants to be able to write stories covering all kinds of different topics. 

“I am the  most excited to learn from the experience and continue to grow as a writer and become more creative in the process,” Ferguson said.