Bike Club donates bikes for Christmas

Bike+Club+works+hard+on+repairing+bikes.+
Bike Club works hard on repairing bikes.

BY JOE CHAMIER

Wadsworth bike club is building and donating bikes to give back to the community. The Wadsworth High School Bike Repair club , led by Mr. Berg, set out this Christmas season to donate the repaired bikes to the Wadsworth Salvation Army and Lincoln elementary.
The group meets every Wednesday at 2:30 after school, attended by high schoolers and even some middle schoolers.

The Salvation Army is a non-profit organization that is stationed in Wadsworth and is known for helping out the community during Christmas. The Salvation Army, after receiving the bikes, will give them to the less fortunate all across Wadsworth and surrounding cities.

The bikes are also being given to Lincoln Elementary, which is one of Wadsworth’s many elementary schools.

The bikes were donated by the Wadsworth Police department to the bike club to be repaired, then donated back to the City of Wadsworth,

Every week, the club members get together and work on the bikes to give to the kids and the Salvation Army, just in time for Christmas. Every kid is going to want a bike on Christmas morning, and the bike repair club is making that possible for those children.

“The best part of bike club is donating the bikes back to the Wadsworth community,” said Camdyn Brady, 11. “It feels good to be able to give back to this city and help those kids that might be in need during the Christmas season.” Camdyn has been one of many students from Wadsworth High that have been attending Bike Repair Club since the start.
Bike Repair Club is always welcoming new members to stop by and help fix up bikes, and donate them back to the community, through the Salvation Army and Lincoln Elementary.

PHOTOS BY MACKENZIE WEBER

Bike Club donates bikes for Christmas