Wadsworth Summer Concert Series Planned for 2024

Wadsworth will be starting a series of concerts throughout the summer of 2024.
Currently, the proposed location for these concerts is the Northwest municipal parking lot adjoining North Pardee and King Streets.
“The hope and plan is that the summer concert series will move from this location in future years to a more suitable location that will include a permanent stage area,” said Matt Hiscock, Director of Public Safety.
With regards to safety measures, the City does not foresee any concerns with the venue.
“Other than the clearing of the parking lot of vehicles and the closing of the lot, no other specific security needs are anticipated,” Hiscock said.
The final schedule for these events has not yet been determined, but the current plan is for the concerts to take place on selected Fridays starting in June and ending in August.

For the summer of 2024, the concerts will take place in the Northwest parking lot on the corner of Pardee Street and King Street. The parking lot will be closed down and cleared for the events. Photo courtesy of The City of Wadsworth.

The City is currently looking for a producer to organize the concerts. The position has not yet been filled.
The chosen producer will make the final decisions regarding the bands that will be chosen to perform, and other decisions.
The times and lengths of the performances have not yet been determined, but they will be made final by the producer.
The City of Wadsworth plans on admission to these concerts being free.
Bands to perform at these concerts have not been chosen yet, but the city has had interest expressed from both regional and local talent.
“The City has been contacted by bands from multiple musical genres who were interested in performing at the summer concert series,” Hiscock said. “In terms of who will be considered to perform, I’ll leave that to the producers to decide.”
The City of Wadsworth has not planned to make any specific equipment purchases for the concert series.
“The city has appropriated funding for this year’s concert series,” Hiscock said. “It was envisioned that future years would be funded through a combination of sponsorships and public funding.”
The City plans to continue organizing these concerts through the summers in following years.