A Look at WHS’ Upcoming Senior Cheerleaders

The cheerleading team hosted tryouts for the upcoming 2023-2024 season on April 27. The results for the team came out on April 28 and include eight seniors on the team this season.

The 2022-2023 cheer team poses in front of the student section. The Grizzlies ended up beating the Generals 49-21.

The upcoming seniors have been cheering together for as long as 7 years. The team is composed of seniors, Lauren Phelps, Gracee Swank, Molly List, Kendall Smith, Sarah Magyar, Lauren Sieber, Alyvia Porubsky, and Bri Perkins. 

Lauren Phelps has been cheering in youth cheer since 1st grade and then cheered for the middle school. The 2023-2024 season is her first year on varsity. In previous years Lauren’s favorite part of cheer was walking in the blue tip parade.

Gracee Swank has been cheering since youth cheer and decided to join cheer again her freshman year. This season will be her second year on varsity and her favorite memory is getting ready for games. 

Molly List has been cheering since she was 6 years old. Her favorite memory is freshman kidnap and getting ready for games together. This will be her second year on varsity.

“Even though my class never got ‘kidnaped’, it’s still a fun bonding experience for the team to all get together on one night and hangout”, List said.

Upcoming seniors Bri Perkins and Molly List pose at Art Wright Stadium after a Friday Night game. List and Perkins started cheering together freshman year and are looking forward to their senior year.

Kendall Smith has been cheering since freshman year and this will be her second year on varsity. She is most looking forward to senior night this year.

“I’m sad to be a senior but I’m so exited to walk across the field and to really celebrate my last year with my team”, said Smith.

Sarah Magyar has been cheering since she was 3 years old. She started with the Wadsworth Cheer program in middle school. This will be her second year on varsity and she is looking forward to tailgating this season.

Lauren Sieber has cheered with Wadsworth since her youth and was a part of the middle school cheer team. This will be her second year on varsity and she is looking forward to getting ready for the games together. 

Alyvia Porubsky has been cheering since she was 4 years old and was involved in middle school cheer before high school. She loves to get ready for games together and is looking forward to her third season on varsity. 

Bri Perkins cheered for two years in youth and then joined the program again during her freshman year. She has been on varsity for three years and looks forward to senior night this year.

The upcoming class of senior cheerleaders is a tight-knit group that brings various skills to the football sidelines. Look out for this team on their first Friday night together.