Grizzlies Abroad to take on Peru

BY LINDSAY CARR

Ever wanted the opportunity to travel the world? Grizzlies Abroad is offering the opportunity to explore Peru in June of 2018.
Grizzlies Abroad is a group at Wadsworth High School that plans and chaperones trips around the world for students, parents and teachers. This is the second event run by the program, with the first trip being a ten day trip to France and Spain last summer.

Travel to Machu Picchu
High up in the Andes Mountains, Machu Picchu is an ancient city that Grizzlies Abroad will get the chance to explore. Photo courtesy of MCT Campus

“The Spanish department was really interested in Machu Picchu and wanted to do something completely different than the last trip,” said Mr. Heffinger, who is organizing the trip.

The trip to Peru is ten days long from June 12 through June 21 and costs $3,259 per person. This includes round trip airfare, eight nights in a hotel, entrance fees, and three meals per day. It is chaperoned by WHS teachers.

Day one of the trip will consist of traveling and checking into the hotel. Day two offers the opportunity to tour the capital of Peru, Lima. They will tour the Government Palace, City Hall, Cathedral of Lima and many more landmarks.

per
Grizzlies Abroad will be visiting each of the places on this map. Photo courtesy of Explorica

Day three will be started with a flight to the mountainous city of Cuzco in which they will see the ancient infrastructure of the Inca Empire.

Day four will be devoted to exploring the Sacred Valley and seeing the Pisac Indian Market.

Days five and six are set aside for the world famous landmark of Machu Picchu high in the Andes Mountains.

Days seven and eight will be spent seeing the vast landscapes of Lake Titicaca and the Uros Islands.

The trip will be ended with a tour of the Sillustani Temple.

“It has always been on my bucket list to visit Peru and this is an amazing opportunity,” said Mrs. Schoolcraft.

Across hemisphere, once-fiery Chinese dragon now looks anemic
The city of Lima is just one of the many locations that Grizzlies Abroad will be visiting. Photo courtesy of MCT Campus

Students and parents who sign up for the trip by March 10, 2017 will receive a $150 discount. After March 10, the price will increase.
For more information on the trip, please visit explorica.com/heffinger-5119 or stop in to see Mr. Heffinger in room 1403.

Grizzlies Abroad to take on Peru