National signing day

Cody Surratt committed to wrestle next year for the Air Force Academy.

BY QUENTIN GRIFFIN

Six gifted Grizzlies took a major step towards their futures last night as they signed their letters of intent to continue their academic and athletic careers. February 2nd was signing day for Wadsworth High School student athletes. Seniors Cody Surratt, Jenna Peters, Austin Wolfinger, Natalie Freno, Luke Clinton and Maggie Flanigan all signed last to their respective sports.

Cody Surratt signed to attend the Air Force Academy. Cody placed 7th at the state tournament last year and plans to wrestle as an Air Force Falcon.

Jenna Peters signed to Lourdes University to golf. Jenna was an integral part of the first Lady Grizzly Golf team to win the Suburban League title.

Austin Wolfinger signed to attend Mount Vernon Nazarene University. Austin was captain and a defender for the Wadsworth Grizzlies Varsity boys soccer team.

Maggie Flanigan signed to attend the Marion Military Institute next fall. Along with Peters, Flanigan was a valuable asset to the first-ever Suburban League Champion Girls varsity golf team.

Natalie Freno signed to attend Malone University. She played a “key role” in the team’s defense according to coach Paul Wolford. She signed to play soccer next year for Malone Pioneers.

Luke Clinton signed to attend Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology next year. Clinton intends to play baseball for the Fightin’ Engineers.

We wish for nothing but the best for all these athletes as they continue their individual athletic and academic careers for these colleges, institutes and academies next fall.

National signing day